Saturday, 26 August 2023
- Free Practice 3: P12, 1:23.438, 17 laps
- Qualifying: P6, 1:11.754, 32 laps
- Carlos Sainz extracted the most out of a difficult Qualifying session on a wet track that dried-up as the session progressed. He will start tomorrow’s Dutch GP from the third row of the grid.
- The Ferrari race driver made it through Q1 (1:21.321) and Q2 (1:19.929) on the Intermediate tyre, even though from the beginning of the weekend it had been difficult to find the pace.
- In Q3, a dry lane appeared and the Spaniard used the Soft tyre from the very beginning, although track conditions were still challenging.
- This risky situation led to two red flags, but Carlos managed to set a 1:11.754 laps to clinch the sixth spot on tomorrow’s Starting Grid.
“Our performance this weekend hasn’t been great and we knew it was going to be a challenging qualifying. We managed to get through to Q3 and put together some decent laps for P6 but it’s obviously not where we want to be".
“Tomorrow it won’t be easy either, but be sure we will do our maximum to bring home the best result possible".
Sunday, 27 August 2023
- Race: 15:00 local time (15:00 CEST)