Friday, 16 July 2021
- Free Practice 1: P6, 1:27.923, 24 laps
- Qualifying: P9, 1:27.007, 21 laps
- Carlos Sainz set the ninth fastest lap time in the Qualifying session of the British GP, which defined the Starting Grid of the Sprint Qualifying that is set to be held on Saturday afternoon.
- After only 60 minutes of practice, Carlos made it safely through Q1 and Q2, but he didn’t feel that the lap he did in Q3 was perfect.
- The Spaniard will be able to fine-tune his set-up tomorrow in the second Free Practice session. He will have a free tyre choice for the Sprint Qualifying.
"I’m not satisfied with this Qualifying. I had a good feeling with the car since the start of the session, building confidence every lap up to Q2, where I put together a strong lap time to make it into Q3. In the very last attempt however I struggled a bit more and a couple of small mistakes here and there meant I couldn’t match that lap of Q2, losing a tenth or so that unfortunately today makes you lose many positions, as it was extremely tight. It is a pity, because the car had the pace and the lap time was there. The Sprint Qualifying gives us a good opportunity to push tomorrow, though. Time to focus on that. The weekend is far from over yet and I will give it all until the end”.
Saturday, 16 July 2021
- Free Practice 2: 12:00 local time (13:00 CEST)
- Sprint Qualifying: 16:30 local time (17:30 CEST)