Saturday, 11 September 2021
- Free Practice 2: P20, 1:26.124, 14 laps
- Sprint Qualifying: P7, 18 laps
- Carlos Sainz finished seventh in the Sprint Qualifying for the Italian GP. He will start the race from sixth place because a rival has been given a penalty.
- Following a crash in the morning session at the Variante Ascari, the Ferrari driver recovered the pace and finished the day in the same position he held after Friday’s Qualifying Practice.
- The Spaniard lost one position at the start because an incident at Turn 1 forced him to brake, but he recovered it a few seconds later when another car went off.
“Obviously the crash in FP2 didn’t help in the preparations for the Sprint Qualy. My confidence with the car and around that section was a bit compromised and after lap 1 I focused on regaining that confidence little by little. The start wasn’t ideal either, as I has to brake hard when Gasly went into the McLaren and I was stuck behind them, losing a position there”.
“However, I’m confident that tomorrow we will have new opportunities and we’ll do our best to score a good result. Last but not least, I want to thank our great team of mechanics for getting the car ready for the afternoon session. On to tomorrow".
Sunday, 12 September 2021
- Race: 15:00 local time (15:00 CEST)