Saturday, 24 October 2021
- Free Practice 3: P2, 1:34.805, 13 laps
- Qualifying: P6, 1:33.792, 15 laps
- Carlos set the sixth fastest lap in the Qualifying session of the United States GP, but tomorrow he will start from fifth place given that a competitor has a grid penalty.
- The Ferrari driver made it through Q1 (1:34.559) and Q2 (1:34.126) on the Soft tyre and therefore tomorrow he will take the start on Pirelli’s fastest tyre compound.
- In the closing stages of Q2 he went out to the track on the Medium tyre to try and gain a competitive advantage, but the wind picked up and the tyre didn’t improve as expected.
- Tyre wear, especially concerning the Soft compound, is set to be one of the biggest factors of the race, which will be 56 laps long.
“Overall it’s a good result and I’ve felt confident with the car the whole weekend. The two laps in Q3 were consistent and pretty strong so I’m quite happy with that. The only downside is that I will be the only one starting the race on the Soft among the top eights. We were confident the track was going to improve and that I could beat the time I set on the Soft but the wind picked up in the second part of Q2, the track was slower and we all struggled to go faster".
“We will look into it but right now it’s time to focus on how to make my strategy work as best as possible tomorrow. We have good pace, the car feels good and we know we have to be aggressive. Let’s see how everything unfolds tomorrow".
Sunday, 25 October 2021
- Race: 14:00 local time (21:00 CEST)