Saturday, 25 June 2021
- Free Practice 3: P13, 1:05.698, 21 laps
- Qualifying: P12, 1:04.800, 15 laps
- Carlos finished twelfth in the Qualifying session for the Styrian GP, which means that he will have a free tyre choice going into tomorrow’s race.
- The Ferrari driver ran on the Soft tyre throughout the session. He used two sets in Q1 (1:04.859) and then another two in Q2 (1:04.800).
- His fastest lap in Q2 was a 1:04.711, but it was deleted due to track limits on the penultimate corner. Had it been valid, the Spaniard would have missed the cut by just 48 thousandths of a second.
“Not a positive day. Yesterday we struggled with the short-run pace, so we were not expecting the best of performances. Missing the Top 10 was not ideal, but with a such a tight field in a short track you have to nail all three sectors and I missing a bit of confidence in Sector 2".
"However, the race is tomorrow, and starting P12 gives a chance to think about different scenarios and possibilities thanks to the tyre choice that we will have available. Our long-run pace seemed strong yesterday, so I’m looking forward to the race. The weekend is not over yet and we’ll fight until the very last lap to get the best result possible".
Sunday, 26 June 2021
- Race: 15:00 local time (15:00 CEST)