Saturday, 3 June 2023
- Free Practice 3: P4, 1:14.240, 20 laps
- Qualifying: P2, 1:12.734, 22 laps
- Carlos Sainz did his best Qualifying session of the season so far to secure a spot in the first row of the Starting Grid of the Spanish GP.
- The session was compromised by two factors: a wet track at the early stages of Q1 and the tyre temperature management, which became a crucial element afterwards.
- The Ferrari race driver made it through Q1 (1:13.411) and Q2 (1:12.790) without any issues despite the tricky track conditions and in Q3 he improved a few thousandths of a second (1:12.734) to finish second.
"I’m happy with my qualifying today. The conditions were not at all easy out there, but we managed to put together some good laps and I think we extracted everything from the car. I left nothing on the table this afternoon".
"However, the weekend is not done and now we need to execute the best race possible. The time gaps have all been very tight the entire weekend and it won't be an easy one but we will go for it".
"I want to thank all the amazing support from the grandstands! It really makes a difference and I hope we can put on a good show tomorrow".
Sunday, 4 June 2023
- Race: 15:00 local time (15:00 CEST)