Saturday, 16 September 2023
- Free Practice 3: P1, 1:32.065, 23 laps
- Qualifying: P1, 1:30.984, 20 laps
- Carlos Sainz scored in Singapore his second pole position in a row, following the one he clinched two weeks ago in the Italian GP.
- The Ferrari race driver led the two final practice sessions and confirmed his good moment in Q3, where the Top 3 was within one tenth of a second.
- The Spaniard made it safely through Q1 (1:32.339) and led Q2 (1:31.439), where he only used one new set of Soft tyres.
- In the final and decisive Q3, Carlos was the fastest driver in both stints and clinched the pole position of the Singapore GP with a lap-time of 1:30.984.
"It feels great to get pole position here in the streets of Singapore! Yesterday we already saw we were competitive and I think we’ve done a good job building up to Qualifying. Q3 was super tight but we managed to pull off good clean laps and grab that P1! The race won’t be easy due to the degradation but it is key to stay focus today and prepare well for tomorrow. The team has been working flat out and we deserve a good result. We’ll definitely go for it!”.
Saturday, 17 September 2023
- Race: 20:00 local time (14:00 CEST)