Saturday, 20 November 2021
- Free Practice 3: P6, 1:23.048, 17 laps
- Qualifying: P7, 1:21.840, 21 laps
- Carlos will start from seventh place at the Qatar GP, progressing after the changes done overnight on the set-up of his SF21.
- The Spanish Ferrari race driver was the only car to qualify on Medium tyres in Q2 besides the Top 3, something that will give him a strategic advantage tomorrow going into the race.
- The start and the first few laps will be crucial, because Carlos will be surrounded by cars on Soft tyres that could have an edge on the first stages of the event.
“P7 is a good qualifying result given where we were yesterday and the progress we’ve made today with the car. In Q2 we took a big risk running twice with the Medium and thankfully it worked after a very strong first attempt. On Softs it would have been easier to get into Q3, but given our tyre degradation we believe the Medium tyre is the best for our race, although I’ll be surrounded by soft runners at the start and that is going to be extremely challenging tomorrow. In Q3 I was able to put together a good lap but didn’t manage to improve that P7".
"The start on the clean side of the track is good news for tomorrow and we’ll try to strategically play our tyre difference to maximize the result. I feel like the huge effort made by the entire team yesterday to understand what we needed to address today has paid off, and that is another positive to take from this session. Now let’s focus on the race!".
Sunday, 21 November 2021
- Race: 17:00 local time (15:00 CET)