Saturday, 28 May 2022
- Free Practice 3: P3, 1:12.846, 28 laps
- Qualifying: P2, 1:11.601, 25 laps
- Carlos clinched the second slot of the Starting Grid, his best result so far in a Qualifying session for the Monaco GP.
- The Spaniard set the second fastest lap in Q1 (1:12.616), where he used a single set of Soft tyres. He was third in Q2 (1:12.074), where he used two.
- His first attempt in Q3 (1:11.601) was good enough for second place, even though he had to deal with traffic in his first flying lap, overtaking several cars through the third sector.
- He didn’t have a second chance, because Sergio Pérez’s car was stopped in the middle of the track at the exit of Portier and Carlos couldn’t avoid it.
“It was a great build up thorought Qualy today, especially up until Q3 when unfortunately things got a bit messier. On my first attempt I had to overtake both Mercedes during my flying lap and I left a couple of tenths on the table, specially overtaking Hamilton at the swimming pool. However, I was confident for the second attempt until obviously Checo crashed in front. I did all I could to quickly react and avoid the crash but it was too late. Things like this can happen in Monaco and unfortunately I was caught up in it again. Overall, P2 it’s a decent position to start on Sunday and it’s a good day for the team with another front row lock up and a good opportunity to score solid points tomorrow. Let’s race!”.
Sunday, 29 May 2022
- Race: 15:00 local time (15:00 CEST)