Saturday, 6 May 2023
- Free Practice 3: P4, 1:28.125, 27 laps
- Qualifying: P3, 1:27.349
- Carlos Sainz is set to start the Miami GP from the second row of the grid after a really good Qualifying, cut short earlier than expected by a red flag caused unfortunately by his teammate Charles Leclerc.
- By the time the session was stopped, Carlos had already set a 1:27.349 laps that put him in third place.
- The Spanish race driver feels he still had more speed in him to go even further, but he is focused on tomorrow’s race. The weather forecast is uncertain for the time being.
“It was coming together as a very good Qualy until the end. P3 is not too bad, but I feel like I had very strong pace and maybe we could have fought for more. It was an unfortunate moment for Charles but this things can happen and tomorrow we go again".
“The race will not be an easy one for sure and we’ll keep an eye on changing weather conditions. We’ll fight hard to bring home a good result!”.
Sunday, 7 May 2023
- Race: 15:30 local time (21:30 CEST)