Friday, 17 November 2023:
- Free Practice 3: P17, 1:35.939, 21 laps
- Qualifying: P2, 1:32.770, 23 laps
- Carlos Sainz finished second in the Qualifying session of the Las Vegas GP, but he will not start the race from the first row of the grid because he carries a 10-place penalty due to manhole damage in Free Practice 1.
- In Q1, the Spaniard seized the rapid evolution of the track to set the second fastest time (1:33.851) on a single set of Soft tyres.
- The Ferrari race driver started Q2 on that used set of tyres and then, halfway into the session, he switched to a brand new one to establish a 1:33.338 and finish second once again.
- Due to his good tyre management, Carlos had two sets of new Soft tyres available for Q3. On the first one, he clocked a 1:33.043 lap. On the second one, he found three tenths (1:32.770) to finish just 44 thousandths of a second short from pole position.
“It’s been a great qualifying for the team. Unfortunately, it won’t be a front row lockout tomorrow as I will take a penalty. The frustration and anger I feel right now won’t go away easily, even more so looking at how competitive we are on this new track.”
“However, you can be sure I will do absolutely everything to recover from P12 and I know we can produce a solid race. It’s unknown territory, but hopefully it will be an enjoyable Sunday with many overtakes.”
Saturday, 18 November 2023
- Race: 22:00 local time (07:00 CET)