Saturday, 2 September 2023
- Free Practice 3: P1, 1:20.912, 23 laps
- Qualifying: P1, 1:20.294, 20 laps
- Carlos Sainz clinched in Monza the fourth pole position of his Formula 1 career. This one is extra special because it is in Ferrari’s home, in front of all the Tifosi.
- The Scuderia race driver, always among the fastest once in the practice sessions, confirmed his great momentum with an impeccable performance in the Qualifying session.
- The Spaniard made it through Q1 (1:21.965) and Q2 (1:20.991) on a Hard and Medium tyres, before using the Soft tyre in Q3 as stipulated by the Qualifying format of this weekend.
- In the last round, Carlos was the fastest driver after his first outing (1:20.532) and, in his second one, he found another two tenths to confirm his pole position (1:20.294).
“What a Saturday! It’s so special to get pole position here, in front of all the tifosi. I had very good sensations from the car already on Friday and today we confirmed our good pace. Q3 was always on the limit and we all took big risks in the fight for this pole. When I finally crossed the line and I heard the tifosi screaming like crazy and jumping on the grandstands I knew we had it!”.
“The weekend is not over yet, we want more, and for that we need to keep focused and prepare well for tomorrow. It’s going to be a challenging race but we’ll give everything to fight for the win and give the tifosi around the world something to keep cheering on!”.
Sunday, 3 September 2023
- Race: 15:00 local time (15:00 CEST)