Saturday, 4 September 2021
- Free Practice 3: P16, 1:11.940, 5 laps
- Qualifying: P6, 1:09.537, 19 laps
- Carlos Sainz put together a strong recovery at the Qualifying session of the Dutch GP by finishing sixth following an accident in Free Practice 3.
- The mechanics repaired his Ferrari SF21 in roughly one hour and a half to make sure that the Spaniard could take part in the session.
- The Ferrari driver used two sets of the Soft tyre in Q1 (1:10.022) and another two in Q2 (1:09.870). In Q3 (1:09.527) he saved the last one remaining for his last attempt.
- The Spaniard stayed away from all the incidents that happened throughout the session and set a lap-time that put him in the third row of the Starting Grid.
“It was one of the most challenging qualifyings of the season and for sure the most stressful! I can only say a massive thank you to the mechanics. After the incident in FP3, the car only came into the garage over 20 minutes after the session, so it was extremely tight on timings to check it and fix everything, and again the entire team did an incredible job. Watching them on top of the car was impressive! After all that tension, once I knew we were going out, I really focused on resetting the mind set and trying to build up my pace lap after lap. We managed to recover well and had a good quali on a tricky and very tight session. I think overtaking will not be easy tomorrow, but we have a good opportunity to bring home good points from our starting position".
Sunday, 5 September 2021
- Race: 15:00 local time (15:00 CEST)