Saturday, 27 August 2022
- Free Practice 3: P3, 1:45.824, 13 laps
- Qualifying: P2, 1:44.297, 14 laps
- Carlos will start from pole position in the Belgian GP following the penalty Max Verstappen received for changing his power unit.
- The Ferrari driver made it through Q1 (1:45.050) and Q2 (1:45.418) with a single set of new sot tyres in each session, and then in Q3 set his fastest time of the weekend (1:44.297) to finish in a second-place that later transformed into pole.
- Spa-Francorchamps is famous for its ever-changing weather, but the latest forecasts seem to confirm that it will not rain tomorrow during the Grand Prix. Carlos’ goal is the win.
“Today we have a done a good qualifying and I’m happy to be starting on pole here in Spa. It was today’s goal and we achieved it with a perfect team work together with Charles and some strong laps. Now we need to focus on ourselves and try to do the fastest race possible. Defending from Checo (Perez) won’t be easy, specially in the first few laps, as their performance this weekend has been very strong. I’m ready for the race and we will fight with everything we have to bring home another win. Let’s race!”.
Sunday, 28 August 202
- Race: 15:00 local time (15:00 CEST)