Saturday, 4 March 2023
- Free Practice 3: P8, 1:32.945, 21 laps
- Qualifying: P4, 1:30.154, 18 laps
- Carlos Sainz is set to start the season from the second row of the grid after a Saturday in which Ferrari has taken a step forward with its car.
- The set-up changes done overnight proved useful and the Spaniard was able to get back the feeling with the SF-23.
- The Spaniard led Q1 (1:30.993) with a single set of new Soft tyres and he also managed to get through Q2 (1:30.515) without needing a second one. This enabled him to do two outings on fresh rubber in Q3. The latter (1:30.154) was the fastest.
"Today we’ve done a step forward as a team. It’s been a difficult build up to qualifying for me, not having a clean day yesterday, but we’ve reacted well today. Lost a bit in sector 2 in a couple of twitchy corners, but apart from that the feeling overall was better".
"Now we’re looking forward to tomorrow. We’ll fight until the very last lap and try to bring home a good result to get the season going"-
Sunday, 5 March 2023
- Race: 18:00 local time (16:00 CET)