Friday, 1 September 2023
- Free Practice 1: P2, 1:22.703, 27 laps
- Free Practice 2: P1, 1:21.355, 22 laps
- Carlos Sainz set the fastest time in the second Free Practice of the Italian GP, where he was the fastest driver both with the Soft and the Medium tyre compounds.
- The Ferrari race driver also set the second fastest lap in the morning session, where he was 46 thousandths of a second away from the lead, which is yet another sign of a good initial feeling in Monza.
- The Spaniard finished the day satisfied with his Ferrari SF-23, but he knows that there are many rivals within a few tenths and he believes there is still margin to improve his pace, specially in race conditions.
"Overall it was a positive Friday for the team. The car looks to be back on the pace this weekend and the track characteristics seem to be suiting us better".
"It’s only Friday and tomorrow is not going to be easy, as the field is super tight with several cars within a couple of tenths. We’ll keep trying to find more performance, especially for the long runs where I think there is more room for improvement".
"It’s great to drive in front of this amazing crowd here in Monza! Let’s keep pushing!".
Saturday, 2 September 2023
- Free Practice 3: 12:30 local time (12:30 CEST)
- Qualifying: 16:00 local time (16:00 CEST)