Friday, 3 September 2021
- Free Practice 1: P3, 1:11.601, 19 laps
- Free Practice 2: P2, 1:11.056, 24 laps
- Carlos was third in Free Practice 1 at the Dutch GP and finished second in the afternoon session.
- Carlos ran on the three tyre compounds available for the weekend. In the morning session, he tried different racing lines through the banked corners to find the ideal one.
- The Spaniard stayed away from all the incidents happening on the track and, despite the red flags, he gathered 43 laps of precious experience in an old-school circuit.
“It’s an impressive and different track compared to what we are used to. It was fun to try different lines in FP1 around the banking corners and to push a bit more in FP2. I enjoyed myself out there today and the atmosphere with the fans close to the track is great!".
"In terms of performance, we felt confident straightaway with the car balance and with the car performance. We managed to have some decent running on soft tyres whereas other competitive cars were caught up by the flags, so that’s maybe why we look so well on the time sheet. For sure we have margin to improve, but still the car felt good and it was a positive Friday for us".
Saturday, 4 September 2021
- Free Practice 3: 12:00 local time (12:00 CEST)
- Qualifying: 15:00 local time (15:00 CEST)