Friday, 27 August 2021
- Free Practice 1: P5, 1:45.935, 20 laps
- Free Practice 2: P11, 1:45.517, 14 laps
- Carlos Sainz used the three dry compounds available for the Belgian GP. There was risk of rain throughout the day in Spa-Francorchamps, but today it only rained intermittently.
- The Ferrari driver focused on the short runs to try and improve the set-up of the SF21 He things it still has margin of improvement going into Saturday.
- Weather forecast doesn’t rule out more rain for the rest of the weekend.
"It’s great to be back, especially in a circuit like this which always gives you a great feeling in a Formula 1 car. Today I enjoyed myself. In terms of performance, however, we didn’t have the best of Fridays. We couldn’t complete a proper long run in FP2 and the short runs were also tricky with the balance of the car. A bit of homework for us to do overnight, but I’m confident we can improve and be in a better place tomorrow. The weather looks uncertain for Sunday. The rain can appear anytime, as we saw today with the Qualy of F3, so we’ll be prepared for any condition".
Saturday, 28 August 2021
- Free Practice 3: 12:00 local time (12:00 CEST)
- Qualifying: 15:00 local time (15:00 CEST)